Python API for interaction with the vSphere Web Services SDK. Among other operations, it provides easy interfaces to:
- Connect to VMWare’s ESX, ESXi, Virtual Center, Virtual Server hosts
- Query hosts, datacenters, resource pools, virtual machines
- VM: Power on, power off, reset, revert to snapshot, get properties, update vmware tools, clone, migrate.
- vSphere 5.0 Guest Operations: create/delete/move files and directories. Upload/download files from the guest system. List/start/stop processes in the guest system.
- Create and delete snapshots
- Hosts statistics and performance monitoring
An of course, you can use it to access all the vSphere API through python. It’s built upon a slightly modified version of ZSI (that comes bundled-in) which makes it really fast in contrast to other python SOAP libraries that don’t provide code generation.
Documentação do SDK